What is PMI ACP Certification Training?
PMI-ACP Certification training is the Agile Certified Practitioner training course to acquire knowledge of Agile principles and techniques. Agile is a popular methodology applicable to project management and product development, and is increasingly used today as businesses and industries recognise the inherent value in this approach. Agile ascribes to the principles of lean development, which emphasizes efficiency in order to optimize the delivery of value to the end customer. The PMI Agile Certified Practitioner exam tackles a wide range of methodologies that include scrum, lean, kanban, XP etc. Project managers can choose from various agile certifications, and one of them is the PMI-ACP.
PMI ACP Course Description
PMI ACP course is designed as per PMI 2015 course updates. It is the foundation course that aims at earning the mandatory 21 PDUs required to pursue the other advanced courses on the Agile practices and domain framework set by PMI. PMI Agile Certified Professional training is offered to clear the PMI Agile Certified Professional Certification in your first attempt to acquire further courses with more ease. Additionally, this course will guide you to become a versatile agile professional with the brief knowledge of Scrum, Kanban, Lean, extreme programming (XP) and test-driven development (TDD).
PMI ACP Online Course Curriculum
PMI Agile Certified Professional course holds the agenda to teach the details of Agile methodology in the following sequence:
- Introduction to PMI-ACP
- Agile Project Management
- Value based Prioritization
- Agile Analysis & Design
- Agile Estimation
- Planning, Monitoring, & Adapting
- Product Quality
- Problem Detection & resolution
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Team Performance
- Interpersonal Skills
- Agile Risk Management
- Additional Knowledge and Skills
What will you learn in PMI-ACP Online Training?
By the end of the PMI-ACP training course you will:
- Get an introduction to Agile principles and practices.
- Learn how to mentor high-performance teams who bring the best results.
- Understand techniques for actively managing project scope and ensuring delivery of the best products possible.
- Get familiar with new ways of managing project scope, schedule, budget and quality that are easily improved through effective Agile controls.
- Learn to combine best methods from multiple Agile methodologies.
- Use consistent cadence of “common sense” best practices in Agile.
- Apply powerful metrics to ensure continuous improvement.
- Learn about common pitfalls many teams fall into when adopting Agile practices.
- Change “Command and Control” leadership style to the more powerful “Servant Leadership” method of management.
- Respond to change quickly to seize competitive advantage.
- Benefits of Agile and why Agile teams are significantly happier with their work.
Who should take PMI Agile Certification Training?
PMI ACP training program is a professional requirement across the IT/ Tech industry for all project management roles globally. This certification is best suited for:
- Project managers
- Agile Team Members
- Associate/Asst. Manager – Projects
- Team leads/Managers
- Project Executives/Engineers
- Software Developers
- Any professional aspiring to be a Project Manager
However, any IT professional applying for the PMI Agile Certified Professional course, must meet the following requirements:
- General Project Experience: The candidate must have 2000 hours of working experience on project teams within the last 5 years or have an active PMP/PgMP (Program Management) credential.
- Agile Project Experience: The candidate must have 1500 hours of working experience on Agile Project Teams or with Agile Methodologies, in addition to “General Project Experience” mentioned above.
- Training in Agile Practices: An IT professional must have at least 21 contact hours earned in Agile Practices.
Why should you take PMI ACP Training?
The PMI-Agile Certified Online training course is specifically designed for Project & Program Managers, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Scrum Product Owners, Agile Coaches, Agile Trainers, Sr. Developers, IT and Business Managers with ample experience in multiple Agile methodologies. The exam is designed to test both the practitioner’s level of professionalism in Agile practices of project management and professional versatility in project management tools and techniques.
- Being an Agile Certified Practitioner implies that you have got an attestation that displays your professional ability.
- With PMI Agile certified course you are prepare yourself for the further advance courses in the same domain by PMI. Also, this course make you earn 21 PDUs that are mandatory for acquiring those advanced courses.
- Gaining the PMI ACP certification increases your adaptability in Agile technologies that will increase the team productivity and improve the customer satisfaction.