Let’s begin with the basics. What is Salesforce? Well, simply put, Salesforce is currently the best and most effective Customer Relationship Management (CRM) product in the industry. When we say it is effective, it is because it comes with the following benefits.
- It ensures better and faster sales opportunities
- Helps in deploying an analytical approach to customer acquisition
- Helps with automation of repetitive & insignificant and insignificant tasks
- Improves efficiency of communication
So if you’re conducting an interview to hire someone for Salesforce, here are the most important questions to ask. Don’t worry, we’ll supply the right answers too!. Below are the top interview question and answer for salesforce
#1 Define object relationship overview
Salesforce allows you to link standard and custom object records in a related list. To do that, you need object relationship overview. You will have to create various types of relationships in order to connect specific customers with specific business cases.
#2 What are the benefits of Salesforce SaaS functionality?
Salesforce SaaS comes with many benefits, some of them are –
- Easy infrastructure management
- All applications can be accessed via the Internet
- Integration is simple and easy between applications
- Provision to access everything via mobile phones
- Pay-as-you-go model that benefits all customers
#3 How many relationships are present in Salesforce?
Salesforce permits two relationships, namely
- Lookup relationships
- Master detail relationship
#4 Explain Force.com platform
The entire infrastructure and codebase where Salesforce exists is referred to as the Force.com platform. Simply put, Salesforce is built on Force.com which in turn is a platform as SaaS. It helps design, develop and deploy cloud-based applications or websites.
#5 What are the types of reports available on Salesforce?
Salesforce supports 4 types of reports, they are –
- Tabular report – This displays the grand total in a tabular format
- Joined report: Amalgamation of two or more reports
- Summary report: A column-based grouping report
- Matrix report: A detailed report which displays both row-based & column based grouping
#6 Briefly explain the various dashboard components
Here’s a brief explanation of the various dashboard components on Salesforce.
- Metric: Component used to display single key value. You can simply click the empty text field adjacent to the grand total and add metric labels directly to components. Metric tables placed above and below are explained as follows.
- Customer S component: The content that is displayed or run on a browser like an Excel file, Java Applet or custom HTML web form.
- VisualForce page: A page used for creating customer component or displaying information unavailable in any other component type.
- Table: Component used to report data in a tabular format
- Chart: Component used for representing data graphically
- Gauge: Component used for displaying single value within a range of customer values
#7 Explain static resource in Salesforce
#8 Define a junction object and explain its functions
Junction objects allows us to build many-to-many relationships between various objects. It is a custom object that has two master-detail relationship which in turn is the key to creating many-to-many relationships.
Hope you found the salesforce interview question and answer helpfull